Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The Rules of Summer Shaving

I'm sorry to say it ladies but that time of the year has rolled around again...the leg shaving months. While I love the summer months more than any other time of the year, I dread the constant shaving that must be done in order to keep my legs in bathing suit shape!  Luckily I have blonde hair and only shave about every other day, however for you brunettes out there, shaving daily can be a big chore, so I decided to put together a little list of shaving dos and donts to help get the most of the summer months and make shaving just a little easier. Perhaps one of the most obvious rules is to use some kind of cream or gel, this will help protect the skin from the blades of the razor.  There are so many products on the markets these days it an be difficult to pick the one that is right for you, my no-fail choice is always Edge, which is actually a gel geared towards men. I like this specific product because it is designed for men's beards and therefore allows for a closer shave (oh yeah...and it smells yummy too!).  The second rule is Rinse your blade often, if you don't, you will essentially be shaving for no reason as the hairs interfere with the blades ability to cut. When shaving legs use long upwards strokes, this ensures the closest shave. The final rule is to MOISTURIZE! I know for me personally, lotion often times irritates my freshly shaved legs, if this is the case for you as well, try baby oil, not only does it moisturize, it also makes hair finer, which will in turn make shaving easier!  Hopefully these tips were helpful in the ongoing woman vs. leg hair battle!

Bisous

Photo Credit: Edge.com

No comments: